2018 domestic fees (indicative)
- Specialist photographer
- Assistant to professional photographers
- Self-employed photography for weddings, sport, portraiture and commercial
What will this programme cover?
- Advanced post-production
- Photographic analysis and history
- Documentary photography
- Elements and composition of photography
- Client-directed project
- Business development
- Advanced studio photography
- Advanced portraiture
- Web for photographers
- Advanced field photography
- Film techniques.
Further study options
- Degree studies in Visual Arts.
- We prefer that you have completed the Certificate in Digital Photography (Level 5) or an equivalent qualification OR that you have relevant and current industry or work experience (of at least two years).
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score less than 5.5.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
You must provide your own digital camera
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.