2018 domestic fees (indicative)
- Photographer or photographic assistant in commercial studios, newspapers, retail camera companies, processing labs or tourism industry
What will this programme cover?
- History of photography
- Digital workflow
- Elements and composition of photography
- Specialist techniques
- Personal guided project
- Video techniques and moving image
- Studio photography
Further study options
This qualification can then lead to further degree studies in Visual Arts.
- We prefer that you have at least 48 NCEA credits at Level 2, with
- no less than 12 credits in each of four subjects and some personal computing skills including file management.
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score less than 5.5.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
You must provide your own digital camera.
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.