- Dunedin or Central Otago* (*location subject to final approval)
- 6 months full-time
- Level 3
- Starts Dunedin: February; Central Otago: July
- Apply until start date (Applications for our 2019 Dunedin intake are now closed; they will reopen in mid-2019 for our 2020 intake)
This introductory programme is replacing the Certificate in Early Childhood Studies (Level 3) from 2019. It includes 60 hours of work placements and will help you gain the core skills and knowledge needed to participate in the education and care of infants, toddlers and young children in entry-level carer roles in a range of early childhood contexts. Upon successful completion, progress into our Level 4 qualification.
- Dunedin with work placements
- 6 months
- Level 4
- Starts July 2019
- Apply until start date
Educators are always in demand and teaching skills are highly transferable. Build on the skills and knowledge you developed at Level 3, further preparing you for employment in the early childhood sector. Alternatively, this programme could act as a pathway into higher level learning, leading to a teaching qualification.
- Dunedin (blended learning: online, distance learning and on-campus activities)
- 1 year full-time; 2 years part-time
- Level 7
- Starts - flexible (with some scheduled start dates aswell)
- Apply anytime
If you would like to study flexibly towards a teaching qualification in tertiary education, we can offer you a stimulating programme relevant to your teaching context. You will be able to study in a way that suits your schedule and responsibilities and, as a graduate, you will be able to design and facilitate inclusive learning in your tertiary cultural context. Experienced tertiary educators may wish to access the Independent Learning Pathway (ILP) pathway offered by Capable NZ.
- 2 days
- Starts 3 & 4 July, 11 & 12 Sept, 6 & 7 Nov 2019
- Apply anytime
This two day workshop provides an environment in which you can explore the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications in a non-confrontational, collaborative process.