We offer a variety of scholarships to assist students in many study areas.
With the introduction of the Fees Free scheme, your first year of tertiary study is covered by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). Unfortunately, this means we are now unable to put any awarded scholarships towards 2018 tuition fees. However, we do have alternative options for those that are awarded a scholarship.
The options available are:
- up to $4,000 towards accommodation in Te Pā Tauira - Otago Polytechnic Student Village or Central Otago student accommodation OR
- to defer your scholarship so that it's applied to your 2019 tuition fees.
For students who are unable to defer their scholarship a third alternative option is offered:
- use your scholarship for course-related costs up to a maximum of $2,000 including GST paid by reimbursement on production of invoices.
Those who can't defer their scholarship will be those who have a three year full fees scholarship or those that are studying a one year programme. The third option is only available to those students.
What happens next?
We are sending a communication to all our scholarship recipients as soon as we can letting you know about this situation and asking you to email your preference to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February, 2018.
- Any income that you receive while on a student allowance must be reported to StudyLink.
- If you choose the accommodation option, please be aware that StudyLink will view this as income and it may impact on your student allowance.
- You will need to advise StudyLink that you are going to use your 2018 scholarship for accommodation in our Student Village.
- For help and guidance with this, please either contact the Otago Polytechnic Student Association (OPSA) www.opsa.org.nz or contact StudyLink directly www.studylink.govt.nz or 0800 889 900.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please email email@example.com or phone 0800 762 786.